Windows Defender vs McAfee: What’s The Difference Between Both Software. Windows Defender is a security software provided by Microsoft. Currently, it is known as Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus. It is free to install on Windows 10 operating system. As a built-in antivirus for Windows 10, it provides real-time protection against all types of malware. But with this security software, you can’t protect multiple devices.
McAfee is one of the top popular security software & paid versions of antivirus software. McAfee Antivirus provides real-time protection and additional protection against malware blocking. This security software supported multiple devices.
In today’s age of technology, we have to keep our computer laptops Android and iOS devices safe both online and offline. Let’s take a look at the security features of Windows Defender and McAfee.
Windows Defender VS McAfee: The Difference
Windows Defender Key of Features:
Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus has been made much more powerful than in the past. Many new features have been added to it, which is highlighted below:
– It added the gaming mode system and it can be disabled to all notifications.
– Cloud backup system that protects the key of files.
– Strong pre-folder ransomware protection that can be protected specific folders against unauthorized changes.
– Added the parental controls that will provide to control the app restrictions, content filtering, and limit the time section.
McAfee Key of Features:
I mentioned at the outset that McAfee is a paid version of antivirus software. So McAfee is much more advanced than Windows Defender Antivirus in terms of features. McAfee has utility tools and it provides four levels of protection. Let’s take a look at the features:
– User-Friendly Interface and easy to use.
– Anti-phishing protection with Firewall & Wi-Fi Network protections.
– Password manager & Parental controls.
– Game booster with the cloud-based scanner.
– (VPN) Virtual private network with identity theft protection. (Identity theft protection US customer only).
– Well PC performance optimization system with secure file storage.
– Web browsing with unlimited secure VPN service.
– File shredder and file encryption system.
– 24/7 customer support.
Top popular antiviruses give your device more protection. All paid versions of the antivirus design are lightweight and have no effect on your device. Windows Defender affects the operating system when it scans your PC. In this case, McAfee uses very few resources, so it does not affect the RAM.
Windows Defender Antivirus plays an important role in protecting against malware. There are many types of malware that can temporarily disable your device. Spyware, Ransomware, rootkit, Trojan, and other viruses are among the most dangerous malware. Windows Defender offers cloud-based real-time protection. It also has an optimization system that helps keep the PC’s performance up to date.
McAfee is an award-winning antivirus security software. McAfee responds with an automatic Zero-day attack in terms of malware protection.
The user interface of Windows Defender is very simple which is easy for new users. Windows Defender can’t be customized, so it scans the device while idle. McAfee has a nice user-friendly interface. Everything new users can easily access from its main dashboard. McAfee has a manual scan system and it provides the device with three protections.
You can run any antivirus with Windows Defender Antivirus. McAfee works effectively with Windows Security. When you run another antivirus on your operating system, the default mode of Windows Defender is turned off. Windows Defender cannot run on other or multiple devices like McAfee. It only works exclusively on Windows 10 operating systems.
Pros & Cons of Microsoft Windows Defender:
– Easy to use interface.
– Strong Malware Detection & Ransomware Defence.
– Built into the latest operating system Windows 10 & Windows 11.
– Extremely Accurate.
– Added a few settings that help to customize the software.
– Paid free Antivirus security software.
– Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 are no longer supported.
– It will show you a lot of notifications.
– Virus detection rates are very few.
– It does not ask you If will you send the report to Microsoft.
Pros & Cons of Mcafee:
– Strong network protection against all types of viruses and malware.
– Unlimited Secure VPN service with identity theft protection.
– Clean interface.
– No webcam protection
– Heavy system impact during the device scans.
– Auto-renewal turn off, does not work of some features.
– No virtual keyboard & no backup software added.
Is Windows Defender enough to protect my computer?
Microsoft’s latest antivirus security system is enough for Windows 10 operating system. Windows Defender has a 5.5/6 score as a free antivirus, while McAfee has a 6/6 score protection from AV-Test Results. The performance of the Windows Defender Security system is much better than in the past.
It has a standard rating and will only protect Windows 10 devices. It has a powerful Malware Guard with real-time protection. Since Windows Defender is free security software, you cannot install other paid versions of antivirus. You can use McAfee Antivirus with it if you want to get maximum protection from your device.
McAfee is very advanced in terms of Windows Defender security and is capable of protecting multiple devices. Not enough tools in the Windows Defender Security section will give your device extra protection. McAfee’s various security products will give you all the protection. McAfee is relatively ahead for some of its basic activities.
What is the difference between McAfee & Windows Defender?
The answer is very simple. Windows Defender Antivirus is free security software for the Windows Operating systems. On the other hand, McAfee is a paid version of security software. It is natural that all paid versions of antivirus will provide maximum protection to your device. Windows Defender operates on a single device but McAfee protects multiple devices.
You may also like: McAfee Internet Security 2021 free for 6 Months Subscription