Windows Defender VS McAfee [Difference & Reviews]
Windows Defender vs McAfee: What’s The Difference Between both software. Windows Defender is a security software provided by Microsoft. Currently, it is known as Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus. It is free to install on Windows 10 operating system. As a built-in antivirus for Windows 10, it provides real-time protection against all types of malware. You can’t protect multiple devices from using this application.
McAfee is one of the top popular security software & paid versions of antivirus software. McAfee Antivirus provides real-time protection and additional protection against malware blocking. This security software supported multiple devices.
We need to keep safe our devices from online or offline mode. Let’s take a look at the security features of Windows Defender and McAfee.
Windows Defender VS McAfee: The Difference –
Windows Defender Key of Features:
Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus is using advanced technology. Many new features have been added to it, which are highlighted below:
– It added the gaming mode system and it can be disabled for all notifications.
– Cloud backup system that protects the key of files.
– Strong pre-folder ransomware protection that can be protected specific folders against unauthorized changes.
– Added parental controls that will provide to control the app restrictions, content filtering, and limit the time section.
McAfee Key of Features:
I mentioned at the outset that McAfee is a paid version of antivirus software. McAfee’s security system is more advanced. It has many features added to modern technology. McAfee has utility tools and it provides four levels of protection. Let’s take a look at the features:
– User-Friendly Interface and easy to use.
– Anti-phishing protection with Firewall & Wi-Fi Network protections.
– Password manager & Parental controls.
– Game booster with the cloud-based scanner.
– (VPN) Virtual private network with identity theft protection. (Identity theft protection US customers only).
– Well PC performance optimization system with secure file storage.
– Web browsing with unlimited secure VPN service.
– File shredder and file encryption system.
– 24/7 customer support.
Top popular antiviruses give your device more protection. All paid versions of the antivirus design are lightweight and have no effect on your device. Windows Defender security system affects the operating system during the scan mode. McAfee uses very few resources. Windows defender does not affect the RAM.
Windows Defender Antivirus plays an important role in protecting against malware. There are many types of malware that can temporarily disable your device. Spyware, Ransomware, rootkit, Trojan, and other viruses are among the most dangerous malware. Windows Defender offers cloud-based real-time protection. Its optimizations a system helps keep the PC’s performance up to date.
McAfee is an award-winning antivirus security software. McAfee responds with an automatic Zero-day attack in terms of malware protection.
The user interface of Windows Defender is very simple which is easy for new users. Windows Defender can’t be customized. Windows Defender runs the full scan. McAfee has a nice user-friendly interface. Everything new users can easily access from its main dashboard. McAfee has a manual scan system and it provides the device with three protections.
You can run any antivirus with Windows Defender Antivirus. McAfee works effectively with Windows Security. New antivirus is running on your operating system, Windows Defender security is automatically turned off. Windows Defender cannot run on other or multiple devices like McAfee. It only works exclusively on Windows 10 operating systems.
Pros & Cons of Microsoft Windows Defender:
– Easy to use interface.
– Strong Malware Detection & Ransomware Defence.
– Built into the latest operating system Windows 10 & Windows 11.
– Extremely Accurate.
– Added a few settings that help to customize the software.
– Paid free Antivirus security software.
– Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1 are no longer supported.
– It will show you a lot of notifications.
– Virus detection rates are very few.
– It does not ask you If will you send the report to Microsoft.
Pros & Cons of Mcafee:
– Strong network protection against all types of viruses and malware.
– Unlimited Secure VPN service with identity theft protection.
– Clean interface.
– No webcam protection
– Heavy impact system, when the device scans.
– Auto-renewal turn-off, does not work on some features.
– No virtual keyboard & no backup software added.
Is Windows Defender enough to protect my computer?
Microsoft’s latest antivirus security system is enough for Windows 10 operating system. Windows Defender has a 5.5/6 score as a free antivirus. McAfee has a 6/6 score protection from AV-Test Results. Windows Defender Security performance is good from the previous.
It has a standard rating and will only protect Windows 10 devices. It has a powerful Malware Guard with real-time protection. Windows Defender is free security software. You can’t install other paid versions of antivirus. You can use McAfee Antivirus with it if you want to get maximum protection from your device.
McAfee is very advanced in terms of Windows Defender security and is capable of protecting multiple devices. Not enough tools in the Windows Defender Security section will give your device extra protection. McAfee’s various security products will give you all the protection. McAfee is relatively ahead for some of its basic activities.
Question: What is the difference between McAfee & Windows Defender?
Answer: The answer is very simple. Windows Defender Antivirus is free security software for Windows Operating systems. McAfee is a paid version of security software. It is natural that all paid versions of antivirus will provide maximum protection to your device. Windows Defender operates on a single device. McAfee protects multiple devices.
You may also like: McAfee Internet Security free for 6 Months Subscription